Troop 491 Scout Hut
501 Columbia River Rd., Montgomery, TX
Oak Leaf Training is designed for any Scout who is or will be a patrol leader. The campout is a great time of patrol leading fun with your fellow Green Bars from around the district. Oak Leaf Training is designed to:
- Bring all district Patrol Leader's Council (PLC) members together for one weekend
- Share techniques across PLCs
- Strengthen district interaction and spirit
- Enable senior Scouts to pass on their skills and knowledge to newer PLC members
- Allow newer PLC members to work with older Scouts and with each other to practice the patrol method
- Explore leadership and teaching skills essential to PLC members to succeed in their roles in their troops
Registration is limited to the first 32 Scouts, so we can have four training patrols of eight Scouts each. The course fee is $30 can be submitted at the January or February roundtables, or mailed to J.R. Jones, 210 Porter Rd, Conroe Tx. 77301 (email to reserve please).
Registration will open in January.
Check-in is from 7:30 - 8:00 am on Saturday morning. Graduation is about 11:30 am on Sunday morning. Graduation may be delayed if we are running late.
What to bring
The BSA's Commitment to Safety is ongoing and we want you to know that the safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, and employees cannot be compromised. BSA Guide to Safe Scouting policies must be followed and all participants must follow youth protection guidelines at all Scouting events. Highlights include:
- Two-deep leadership on all outings required.
- No one-on-one contact between adults and youth members.
- The buddy system should be used at all times.
- Discipline must be constructive.
Youth Protection Guidelines Guide to Safe Scouting Enterprise Risk Management
For more information, please contact JR Jones.