February TBD, 2023 | 6:00 pm, tentative
The Recognition Dinner is an opportunity for a night of fellowship and great food as we acknowledge and thank our adult volunteers for the hard work and dedication that made this year incredibly successful. George Strake District’s outstanding leaders at the unit and district levels will also be recognized. All volunteers in George Strake District are invited.
Table Decorating Contest: Buy a table for your unit, and decorate it using the day camp theme, Texas Wild (no candles or flames). Tables will be voted on and the best decorated will get a prize! There will be prizes given throughout the night!
Map to Dinner Location
The registration fee is $15 per person. Tables of eight can be purchased for $100. There is no onsite registration. Pay online with credit card or electronic check. Council refund policy.
District Award Nominations
Due by January Roundtable
Do you know a Scouter who has provided outstanding service to the Scouting program? Then nominate them for a district award. Think of all the good work you've seen in our district during the past year and who needs to be recognized for it. This might be a leader in a unit, a district event chair, or a fellow commissioner.
District award nominations may be turned in at roundtable, or emailed or mailed to Bill Berry (email@example.com).
General Nomination Instructions
- Any member of George Strake District may submit nominations for the below awards.
- Nominees must be registered in George Strake District, unless otherwise noted.
- Additional information may be attached.
Nomination Form Tall Timbers Award History George Strake Award History
Additional Adult Awards: Council and National Awards
- Silver Beaver Award – The Silver Beaver Award is a national award presented by the council. It is the highest form of recognition that a local council can bestow on a volunteer. Nominations are due by May 1. The District Recognition Chair is available to assist Scouters in preparing nominations.
- Unit Leader Award of Merit – Recognizes Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Crew Advisors, and Skippers who provide a quality program to youth. Nominations accepted at any time.
- Venturing Leadership Award – Recognizes Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code. Nominations are due by June 15.
- William T. Hornaday Gold Badge – Recognizes adult volunteers for influence on youth and educational programs, with an emphasis on sound stewardship of natural resources and environmental improvement during a period of at least three years.
- SHAC Conservation Award – Recognizes youth for completing a Hornaday qualifying conservation project, and adult volunteers for involvement in teaching the value of natural systems and wise resource management.
- William D. Boyce New-Unit Organizer Award Presented to recognize volunteers who organize one or more traditional Scouting units. The recognition is a knot and a certificate.
- Training Awards (click the link, then scroll down to training awards at the bottom) - Recognizes unit Scouters for tenure, training, and performance in their leadership roles. Progress record forms with the 2012 requirements for these awards can be found at the links below. The recognition is a knot and a certificate.
- Awards Central - the Boy Scouts of America’s repository for information about official awards and recognitions.
Scouters are encouraged to complete a Scouting resume. This is not a time to be humble! Let us know all the good things that you have done and are doing both within and outside of Scouting. This information becomes particularly important when nominating someone for council awards. Then, encourage those who have worked on your team during the year to serve complete a resume. If you have completed a resume in the past, but it's been more than two years, send an email to Diane Cannon and she will send you a copy for use in updating.
Scouting Resume (Word) Scouting Resume (.pdf)
For questions about district award nominations, contact Therese Wind (832-606-2137).
For questions about the dinner, contact the Recognition Dinner chair or district activities chair.