January 27, 2018
Troop 491 Scout Hut
505 Columbia River Rd
Montgomery, TX 77316
Dinner will begin at 7:00 pm.
Each year the George Strake District comes together for a night of fellowship and camaraderie and recognizes those Scouts and Scouters that have exemplified the Scout Oath and Law in their service to George Strake's troops, packs, crews, posts, and district.
2017 District Award Banquet Pictures
The registration fee is $11.50 for the first ticket and $10 for each additional ticket. 2017 Eagle Scouts are invited to attend. Register online with credit card, electronic check or PayPal. There is no onsite registration. Registration closes 1/21/2017. Council refund policy.
Due January 1st
Do you know a volunteer who deserves recognition? Adult volunteers devote untold hours to fulfilling BSA's mission to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Those volunteers deserve a pat on the back every once in a while; here’s the perfect way to recognize a deserving volunteer. The George Strake District Committee is soliciting nominations for the following district awards. Submit nominations to District Chair Mike Mathena.
- Silver Beaver Award The Silver Beaver Award is the council-level distinguished service award. Recipients are registered adult leaders who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service.
- District Award of Merit The district committee presents this award for continuous service to the Scouting program at the district level.
- Chartered Partner Award Presented to chartered partners that have demonstrated excellence in relationships. Recipients demonstrate outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation; provide noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation; cooperate with the district and/or council; involve the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership, and cause greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.
- Commissioner of the Year The recipients are selected by the district commissioner for outstanding commissioner service to units in the district.
- Family of the Year The George Strake District Committee presents the Family of the Year to the family that is committed to supporting the district and the Scouting program.
- Pine Tree Award Presented to outstanding volunteers who have supported the district above and beyond the call of duty.
- Leroy Golson Award The Leroy Golson Award is given to a dedicated worker who often labors behind the scenes.
- Scout of the Year This award is presented to the outstanding youth in the George Strake District who has performed above and beyond the call of duty in service to Scouting, community, church and the district.
- Scout Leader of the Year Presented for outstanding unit service. The award may be presented to several unit leaders.
- Scout Leader’s Training Award The recipients of this award are selected by the district training chairman.
- Spirit of Scouting Award Presented to an individual or unit who has shown extraordinary Scouting spirit through ongoing efforts or on a specific project.
For questions, contact Mike Mathena.