January 25, 2020
2201 Avenue M
Huntsville, TX 77340
Dinner will begin at 7:00 pm.
Each year the George Strake District comes together for a night of fellowship and camaraderie and recognizes those Scouts and Scouters that have exemplified the Scout Oath and Law in their service to George Strake's troops, packs, crews, posts, and district.
The registration fee is $11.50 for the first ticket and $10 for each additional ticket. 2018 Eagle Scouts are invited to attend. Register online with credit card, electronic check or PayPal. There is no onsite registration. Registration closes 1/21/2017. Council refund policy.
Registration opens in November.
Due November 30th
Do you know a volunteer who deserves recognition? Adult volunteers devote untold hours to fulfilling BSA's mission to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Those volunteers deserve a pat on the back every once in a while; here’s the perfect way to recognize a deserving volunteer. The George Strake District Committee is soliciting nominations for the following district awards.
Nomination Form Specific Award Requirements
- District Award of Merit is presented for continuous service to the Scouting program at the district level.
- Chartered Partner Award is presented to chartered partners that have demonstrated excellence in relationships. Recipients demonstrate outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation; provide noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation; cooperate with the district and/or council; involve the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership, and cause greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.
- Commissioner of the Year is selected by the district commissioner for outstanding commissioner service to units in the district.
- Family of the Year is presented to a family that is committed to supporting the district and the Scouting program.
- Pine Tree Award is presented to outstanding volunteers who have supported the district above and beyond the call of duty.
- Leroy Golson Award is given to a dedicated worker who often labors behind the scenes.
- Scout of the Year is presented to the outstanding youth in the George Strake District who has performed above and beyond the call of duty in service to Scouting, community, church and the district.
- Scout Leader of the Year is presented for outstanding unit service.
- Scout Leader’s Training Award is selected by the district training chairman.
- Spirit of Scouting Award is presented to an individual or unit who has shown extraordinary Scouting spirit through ongoing efforts or on a specific project.
For questions, contact Mike Mathena.